Everything Supply Chain
The Everything Supply Chain homepage is purposely made so that you don’t go directly into a bunch of graphics and videos slowing download speed. If this page doesn’t stimulate you click here for the blogs.
- More Blog & Video Topics
Quickly get up to speed on business and supply chain information.
⇒ EverythingSupplyChain pages are mainly to your right ⇒
⇐ Third party sites are mainly to your left ⇐
- Business Quotes ♦ CEO QUOTES ♦ Football Quotes ♦ Hard Work and Don’t Quit Quotes ♦ Leadership Quotes ♦ Simplicity Quotes ♦ Sam Walton Quotes ♦ Sports Quotes ♦ Supply Chain & Logistics Quotes ♦ Teamwork Quotes
- “We’re all working together; that’s the secret.” ~ Sam Walton, founder of Walmart. Changed supply chain forever when Walmart partnered with P&G to share information.
- “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” ~ Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motors. The assembly line changed the supply chain for cars.
- We’re very simple people at Apple. We focus on making the world’s best products and enriching people’s lives.” ~ Tim Cook, CEO of Apple. Responsible for the Apple Supply Chain.
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit” ~ Conrad Hilton, founder Hilton Hotels
- “Many of our best opportunities were created out of necessity. “ ~ Sam Walton, founder of Walmart
- “You should learn from your competitor, but never copy. Copy and you die.” ~ Jack Ma, founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group
- “Fear of failure must never be a reason not to try something.” ~ Frederick W. Smith, founder and CEO FedEx
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas Edison
- “Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.” ~ Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and CEO Facebook
- “I think frugality drives innovation, just like other constraints do. One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.” ~ Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs, co-founder and former Apple Inc. CEO
- When you innovate, you’ve got to be prepared for everyone telling you you’re nuts. ~ Larry Ellison, founder and CEO Oracle
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” ~ Steve Jobs, co-founder and former Apple Inc. CEO
- “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.” ~ Peter Drucker, considered the father of modern management
- “Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to.” ~ Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” ~ Elon Musk, founder and CEO of SpaceX; co-founder and of Tesla Motors; chairman of SolarCity, and co-founder of PayPal.
- “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” ~ Dale Carnegie, leadership training professional
- “If you don’t understand the details of your business you are going to fail.” ~ Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon. Changed the retail supply chain.
- “Eighty-five percent of the reasons for failure are deficiencies in the systems and process rather than the employee. The role of management is to change the process rather than badgering individuals to do better.” ~ W. Edwards Deming, considered the father of Quality Management
- “Almost all quality improvement comes via simplification of design, manufacturing… layout, processes, and procedures” ~ Tom Peters, business author and speaker
- “The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.” ~ Warren Buffett
- “We’re very simple people at Apple. We focus on making the world’s best products and enriching people’s lives.” ~ Tim Cook, CEO Apple. Supply Chain Guru.
- “I say an hour lost at a bottleneck is an hour out of the entire system. I say an hour saved at a non-bottleneck is worthless. Bottlenecks govern both throughput and inventory.” ~ Eliyahu M. Goldratt, author of The Goal
- “The key to the Toyota Way and what makes Toyota stand out is not any of the individual elements…But what is important is having all the elements together as a system. It must be practiced every day in a very consistent manner, not in spurts.” ~ Taiichi Ohno, father of the Toyota Production System (TPS)
- “Supply chains are everywhere. From the biggest company in the world to running your househould. We all have supply chain experience even if we don’t know it.” ~ Everything Supply Chain
- “For much of Toyota’s history, we have ensured the quality and reliability of our vehicles by placing a device called an andon cord on every production line – and empowering any team member to halt production if there’s an assembly problem. Only when the problem is resolved does the line begin to move again.” ~ Akio Toyoda, CEO Toyota Motor Corporation
- Supply Chain is like nature, it is all around us. ~ Everything Supply Chain
- “Innovation comes only from readily and seamlessly sharing information rather than hoarding it” ~ Tom Peters