Supply Chain Information Portal
There is a wide variety of supply chain information below. We have tried to make finding supply chain information as easy as possible in order to save people time. On the left and right hand side of the page you will also find a wide assortment of other supply chain and business resources. You will find information on supply chain topics such as the beer game, the bullwhip effect, ERP, IoT, lean, Logistics, negotiations, optimization, procurement, supplier management and so on.
Aggregated Supply Chain Resources:
- Amazon Supply Chain
- Apple Supply Chain
- CEOs and Business Gurus. – Jeff Bezos, Stephen Covey, Michael Dell, Peter Drucker, Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Steve, Jobs, Tim Cook, Guy Kawasaki, Michael Porter, Sam Walton and more.
- Industry Videos and Information. – Aerospace, Automotive, Food and Beverage, Heavy Equipment, Parcel Delivery, Retail and so much more.
- Inventory Videos.
- Lean Videos.
- Logistics Videos.
- Procurement Videos.
- Supply Chain MBA. – A collection of great supply chain resources.
- Supply Chain MBA Programs – A collection of top supply chain MBA programs.
- Supply Chain MBA Terms. – A glossary of terms.
- Supply Chain News – Large assortment of aggregated supply chain news.
- Supply Chain Videos. – Well over 200 videos on a variety of topics.
- Top Supply Chain Companies – Includes companies like Amazon, Apple, FedEx, IKEA, P&G, Starbucks, Toyota, UPS, Walmart.
- Walmart Supply Chain
Great Supply Chain Blogs:
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Supply Chain guru.
- Domino’s First Company To Deliver Pizza By Drone.
- Elon Musk: How I Became The Real ‘Iron Man’
- FedEx Supply Chain Global Distribution Center.
- Introduction to Theory of Constraints.
- IKEA – Logistics Design. Does their design just magically happen?
- Kanban Explained in 60 Seconds.
- Meet the Amazon robots making things more efficient.
- MIT cheetah robot lands the running jump. Future supply chain delivery???
- Motoman robots packing IKEA book cases.
- Six Sigma in Plain English
- Strategic Sourcing for Successful Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management: The Beer Game
- The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt – A Book Review
- The Toyota Way To Lean Leadership – Keynote talk by Jeffrey Liker. 60 min video.
- Tim Cook and Jeff Williams overseeing the Apple Supply Chain.
- Toyota Production System – 5S, Just in Time, Kaizen.
- Why UPS Trucks Never Turn Left.
- Worries for the Apple Supply Chain 2017.
Supply Chain Social:
- Facebook group with over 12,500 members.
- Supply Chain LinkedIn group with over 100,000 members.
- Twitter with over 17,000 followers.
Supply Chain and Business Quotes:
- “Leaders win through logistics. Vision, sure. Strategy, yes. But when you go to war, you need to have both toilet paper and bullets at the right place at the right time. In other words, you must win through superior logistics.” ~ Tom Peters.
- “Every breakthrough business idea begins with solving a common problem. The bigger the problem, the bigger the opportunity. I discovered a big one when I took apart an IBM PC. I made two interesting discoveries: The components were all manufactured by other companies, and the system that retailed for $3,000 cost about $600 in parts.” ~ Michael Dell, founder and former CEO of Dell Computers.
- “If you are going to do kaizen continuously you’ve got to assume that things are a mess. Too many people just assume that things are all right the way they are. Aren’t you guys convinced that the way you’re doing things is the right way? That’s no way to get anything done. Kaizen is about changing the way things are. If you assume that things are all right the way they are, you can’t do kaizen. So change something!” ~ Taiichi Ohno, father of Toyota Production System (TPS).
- “It is impossible to improve any process until it is standardized. If the process is shifting from here to there, then any improvement will just be one more variation that is occasionally used and mostly ignored. One must standardize, and thus stabilize the process, before continuous improvement can be made.” ~ Masaaki Imai, organizational theorist and management consultant, known for his work specifically on Kaizen.
- “Great companies understand the strategic importance of Supply Chain and want people with Supply Chain experience in the C-Suite.” ~ Dave Waters.
- “If anything is certain, it is that change is certain. The world we are planning for today will not exist in this form tomorrow.” ~ Phil Crosby.
- “At Wal-Mart, it goes back to Sam Walton and the foundation and business model that we simply operate for less, or everyday low cost. We’re known for operating in a very efficient way and then giving those savings to customers.” ~ Mike Duke, former CEO Walmart.
- “Leaders don’t create more followers, they create more leaders.” ~ Tom Peters.
- “If your supply chain runs without many problems you either have a great supply chain or running very fat.” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com.
- “Is there anyone out there who is the next Steve Jobs? I think Jeff Bezos is pretty close. He is very smart. He is extremely creative. He has completely reinvented the way in which commerce is done online.” ~ John Sculley, former CEO Apple Inc.
- “My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That’s how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.” ~ Steve Jobs, co-founder and former CEO of Apple Inc.
- “You don’t want to negotiate the price of simple things you buy every day.” ~ Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.
- “Supply chains are everywhere. From the biggest company in the world to running your household. We all have supply chain experience even if we don’t know it.” ~EverythingSupplyChain.com.
- “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” ~ Bill Gates.
- “If you think of standardization as the best that you know today, but which is to be improved tomorrow; you get somewhere.” ~ Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company and create the assembly line.
- “Apple has changed every day since I have been here. But the DNA of the company, the thing that makes our heart beat, is a maniacal focus on making the best products in the world. Not good products, or a lot of products, but the absolute best products in the world. In creating these great products we focus on enriching people’s lives – a higher cause for the product.” ~ Tim Cook, made huge improvements to the Apple Supply Chain.
- “Make your workplace into showcase that can be understood by everyone at a glance. In terms of quality, it means to make the defects immediately apparent. In terms of quantity, it means that progress or delay, measured against the plan, and is made immediately apparent. When this is done, problems can be discovered immediately, and everyone can initiate improvement plans.” ~ Taiichi Ohno, father of Toyota Production System (TPS).
- “You can only do so many things great, and you should cast aside everything else.” ~ Tim Cook
“Supply Chain is like nature, it is all around us.” ~ Dave Waters
“Our whole role in life is to give you something you didn’t know you wanted. And then once you get it, you can’t imagine your life without it. And you can count on Apple doing that.” ~ Tim Cook