Walmart, Amazon, Alibaba Eyeing Parcel Delivery Services
With so much product being shipped to residences it is not surprising these companies want to get more involved with parcel delivery. These companies have increased the business of UPS, FedEx and DHL tremendously.
- “What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tailwind is now a head wind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.” ~ Jeff Bezos, CEO Amazon.
- “I have always been driven to buck the system, to innovate, to take things beyond where they’ve been.” ~ Sam Walton, built the Walmart Supply Chain.
- “I’m a normal guy.” ~ Jack Ma, CEO Alibaba.
- “If you want a successful business, your people must feel that you are working for them—not that they are working for you.” ~ Sam Walton, made logistics a competitive descriminator.
- “The most important single thing is to focus obsessively on the customer. Our goal is to be earth’s most customer-centric company.” ~ Jeff Bezos, built the Amazon Supply Chain.
- “If you don’t give up, you still have a chance. Giving up is the greatest failure.” ~ Jack Ma, CEO Alibaba.
- “We’re all working together; that’s the secret.” ~ Sam Walton, CEO Walmart.
- “I’m not a tech guy. I’m looking at the technology with the eyes of my customers, normal people’s eyes.” ~ Jack Ma, CEO Alibaba.
- “A leader should have higher grit and tenacity, and be able to endure what the employees can’t.” ~ Jack Ma, built the Alibaba Supply Chain.
- “The best customer service is if the customer doesn’t need to call you, doesn’t need to talk to you. It just works.” ~ Jeff Bezos, CEO Amazon.
- “There is only one boss – the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” ~ Sam Walton, CEO Walmart.
Here is an assortment of retail blogs regarding Walmart, Amazon, Alibaba.
- 25 Facts About Walmart That Show How Big It Really Is.
- Alibaba Supply Chain Warehouse.
- Amazon Prime Air. Using drones for delivery.
- Amazon Warehouse – behind the scenes.
- Exclusive Interview with Jeff Bezos – Founder & CEO of Amazon.com.
- How Walmart Plans to Battle Amazon.
- How Amazon Receives Your Inventory.
- Indra Nooyi, Pepsi Co CEO and Doug McMillon, Walmart CEO.
- Inside Amazon: Secrets of an Online Mega-Giant.
- Leading the World’s Largeset Company. Two top Walmart Leaders. VIDEO.
- Meet Amazon’s New Robot Army Shipping Out Your Products.
- Meet the Amazon robots making things more efficient.
- Navigating an Amazon fulfillment center’s 14 miles of conveyor belts.
- Robot army helps run warehouses.
- Sam & Bud Walton: Reflections. WALMART.
- Sam Walton quotes and sayings.
- “Sam Walton’s Values.” Look at how people treat others and it says a lot.
- The Best Jeff Bezos Quotes: Amazon CEO.
- Two of the Keys to Walmart’s Success.
- Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience Concept Truck.
- Walmart CEO Doug McMillon.
- Walmart History. Sam Walton and the growth of Walmart
“Many of our best opportunities were created out of necessity.” ~Sam Walton. Founder and CEO Walmart.
“Bad communication is kryptonite for supply chain.” ~EverythingSupplyChain.com
“I had to get up every day with my mind set on improving something.” ~Sam Walton.
“I have always been driven to buck the system, to innovate, to take things beyond where they’ve been.” ~Sam Walton