Negotiating with Sole Suppliers
Sole suppliers have the advantage when negotiating. Here are some tips that may help you. This is a quick nine minute video that could end up saving your company quite a bit of money.
- ALL Procurement Blogs with details.
- Five Easy Negotiating Tactics that will help you Win every time.
- Free Supply Chain Training.
- Getting to Yes – Negotiation Skills (17 minute video).
- Strategic Sourcing for Successful Supply Chain Management.
- Strategic Sourcing Plan (10 Minute video).
- Strategic Sourcing Seminar.
- Supplier Negotiations & TCO Strategies.
- Supplier Relationship Management Best Practices with David Wohler (6 minute video).
- Supplier selection and certification (10 minute video).
- Supplier Selection and Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Cost Saving Strategies, CAPS Research.
- What are common issues that arise in procurement? Facebook discussion.
- “During a negotiation, it would be wise not to take anything personally. If you leave personalities out of it, you will be able to see opportunities more objectively.” ~ Brian Koslow
- “The most difficult thing in any negotiation, almost, is making sure that you strip it of the emotion and deal with the facts.” ~ Howard Baker
- “What business strategy is all about-what distinguishes it from all other kinds of business planning-is, in a word, competitive advantage. Without competitors there would be no need for strategy, for the sole purpose of strategic planning is to enable the company to gain, as efficiently as possible, a sustainable edge over its competitors.” ~ Kenichi Ohmae
- “Treating suppliers like partners is critical to a company’s start-up’s success. As much as possible, figure out how you can work with your suppliers to make their lives better, whether saving them money from their vendors or saving them time with your order. By understanding their business model, you can make orders in an efficient manner, which should lower costs for everyone.” ~ Aaron Schwartz
- “Appraisals are where you get together with your team leader and agree what an outstanding member of the team you are, how much your contribution has been valued, what massive potential you have and, in recognition of all this, would you mind having your salary halved.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “The best move you can make in negotiation is to think of an incentive the other person hasn’t even thought of – and then meet it.” ~ Eli Broad
- “Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.” ~ Albert Einstein