Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS)
From Youtube.com: Goods to Man Horizontal Carousels provides organizations significant levels of increased productivity, space savings and increased accuracy for warehouse order picking of small parts, items and case handling. Integrated Systems Design –ISD can provide semi-automated horizontal carousels using human order pickers or robotic inserter and extractor system eliminating carousel picking labor.
Horizontal carousel systems provide the greatest value for automated order picking systems in the material handling world. The automated storage and retrieval horizontal carousel system increases productivity and reduces labor by up to 2/3 by brining items to the operator and eliminating wasted walking, searching activities.
Horizontal Carousel can be used manually as “rotating shelving” or integrated as semi-automated and fully automated system. The ability to use otherwise wasted floor space due to columns and other equipment can be ideal to locate a carousel as “rotating shelving.”
- “Supply Chain is like nature, it is all around us.” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com
- “Supply chains are everywhere. From the biggest company in the world to running your household. We all have supply chain experience even if we don’t know it.” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com
- “Keep Calm and call the Supply Chain guy (or gal).” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com
- “If your supply chain runs without many problems you either have a great supply chain or running very fat.” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com
- “Make inventory a common enemy for your company.” ~ Dave Waters
Other videos that may interest you
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Supply Chain guru
- Spuply Chain Master: Professor Hau Lee on the bullwhip effect.
- MIT cheetah robot lands the running jump. Future supply chain delivery???
- Introduction to Theory of Constraints
- Kanban Explained in 60 Seconds.
- Meet the Amazon robots making things more efficient.
- Six Sigma in Plain EnglishStrategic Sourcing for Successful Supply Chain Management.
- Tim Cook and Jeff Williams overseeing the Apple Supply Chain.