How Walmart Plans to Battle Amazon
Walmart and Amazon have done increased productivity tremendously through supply chain automation. These are the two giants of retail. Both companies have revolutionized supply chain and both continue to improve everyday.
Retail blogs about Walmart and Amazon Supply Chain.
- 25 Facts About Walmart That Show How Big It Really Is.
- Alibaba Supply Chain Warehouse.
- Amazon Prime Air. Using drones for delivery.
- Amazon Warehouse – behind the scenes.
- Exclusive Interview with Jeff Bezos – Founder & CEO of Amazon.com.
- How Amazon Receives Your Inventory.
- Indra Nooyi, Pepsi Co CEO and Doug McMillon, Walmart CEO.
- Leading the World’s Largeset Company. Two top Walmart Leaders. VIDEO.
- Meet Amazon’s New Robot Army Shipping Out Your Products.
- Navigating an Amazon fulfillment center’s 14 miles of conveyor belts.
- Robot army helps run warehouses.
- Sam & Bud Walton: Reflections. WALMART.
- Sam Walton quotes and sayings.
- The Best Jeff Bezos Quotes: Amazon CEO.
- Two of the Keys to Walmart’s Success.
- Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience Concept Truck.
- Walmart CEO Doug McMillon.
More Supply Chain Automation Quotes.
- “The digital supply chain has the potential to completely change supply chain. However, do your due diligence before rushing in.” ~EverythingSupplyChain.com.
- “The Internet of Things (IoT) will change the supply chain. Research IoT before you get left behind.” ~SupplyChainToday.com.
- “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” ~ Jonh Steinbeck
- “If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.” ~ Jeff Bezos, built the Amazon Supply Chain.
- “Artificial intelligence would be the ultimate version of Google. The ultimate search engine that would understand everything on the web. It would understand exactly what you wanted, and it would give you the right thing. We’re nowhere near doing that now. However, we can get incrementally closer to that, and that is basically what we work on.” ~ Larry Page
- “Here are a few key supply chain trends you may want to research: Internet of Things (IoT), 3D Pringing, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) , Deep Learning and Drones.” ~SupplyChainToday.com.
- “I’m increasingly inclined to think that there should be some regulatory oversight, maybe at the national and international level, just to make sure that we don’t do something very foolish. I mean with artificial intelligence we’re summoning the demon.” ~ Elon Musk
- “Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves it s amazing what they can accomplish.” ~ Sam Walton, built the Walmart Supply Chain.
- “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ~ Buckminster Fuller
- “For some the digital supply chain is just a bunch of buzzwords: Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud, Drones… For others it is the future of supply chain. ~SupplyChainToday.com.
- “Where there is no Standard there can be no Kaizen.” ~ Taiichi Ohno
“One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.” ~Jeff Bezos, CEO Amazon.
“Making mistakes is the privilege of the active. It is always the mediocre people who are negative, who spend their time proving that they were not wrong.” ~Ingvar Kamprad, CEO IKEA.
“I have always been driving to buck the system, to innovate, to take things beyond where they’ve been.” ~Sam Walton, CEO Walmart.
“I wouldn’t ask anyone to do anything I wouldn’t do myself.” ~Indra Nooyi, CEO Pepsi.