Six Sigma in Plain English.
Continuous Improvement Quotes
- “Observing many companies in action, I am unable to point to a single instance in which stunning results were gotten without the active and personal leadership of the upper managers.” ~ Joseph M. Juran
- “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “Excellent firms don’t believe in excellence – only in constant improvement and constant change.” ~ Tom Peters
- “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” ~ Jack Welch, former CEO of GE.
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” ~ Colin Powell
- “A corporation is a living organism; it has to continue to shed its skin. Methods have to change. Focus has to change. Values have to change. The sum total of those changes is transformation.” ~ Andrew Grove, former CEO of Intel.
- “The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Improvement usually means doing something that we have never done before.” ~ Shigeo Shingo
- “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” ~ Bill Gates
- “The system is that there is no system. That doesn’t mean we don’t have process. Apple is a very disciplined company, and we have great processes. But that’s not what it’s about. Process makes you more efficient.” ~ Steve Jobs, former CEO of Apple.
- “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” ~ Sam Walton, former CEO of Walmart.