B2B Purchasing Negotiation Five Strategies to Reduce Vendor Prices
Supply Chain is all about doing more with less. Or at least the same with less. Touch up on your negotiation strategies. Plenty of great information on the Internet.
Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Blogs
- ALL Procurement Blogs with details.
- Mastering Indirect Spend: 5 Keys to Success.
- Negotiating with Sole Suppliers.
- Procurement supplier selection process (10 minute video).
- Procurement Training, Purchasing Training, Supply Chain Management Training.
- Strategic Sourcing and Better Contract Negotiations.
- Strategic Sourcing Seminar.
- Supplier Negotiations & TCO Strategies.
- Supplier selection and certification (10 minute video).
- Supply Chain Training Resources.
- The Purchasing Process (10 minute video).
- Typical negotiation mistakes of Procurement people.
- What are common issues that arise in procurement? Facebook discussion.
- “Appraisals are where you get together with your team leader and agree what an outstanding member of the team you are, how much your contribution has been valued, what massive potential you have and, in recognition of all this, would you mind having your salary halved.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “The best move you can make in negotiation is to think of an incentive the other person hasn’t even thought of – and then meet it.” ~ Eli Broad
- “Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Negotiation is not a policy. It’s a technique. It’s something you use when it’s to your advantage, and something that you don’t use when it’s not to your advantage.” ~ John Bolton
- “Know what you want to achieve prior to starting to negotiate. It’s the golden rule but the one most people fail to heed. Without a plan, you allow the opposing party to define your goals instead of the other way around.” ~ Ivanka Trump
- “Never forget the power of silence, that massively disconcerting pause which goes on and on and may last induce an opponent to babble and backtrack nervously.” ~ Lance Morrow
- “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” ~ Douglas MacArthur