2 minute video with over 86k views. An excellent summation of the essence of leadership by General Colin Powell
- “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” ~ John Lennon
- “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” ~ Norman Schwarzkopf
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ~ Michael Jordan