During a student-led interview at Stanford Graduate School of Business, Oprah Winfrey shares seminal moments of her career journey and the importance of listening to your instincts. Winfrey also offers advice to students on how to find their calling: “Align your personality with your purpose, and no one can touch you.”
- “It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” ~ Henry Ford, founder of Ford
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” ~ Jack Welch
- “Everyone has the heart of a champion on game day. It’s the heart you have during the weeks, months, and years of preparation that actually makes a difference.” ~ John M. Raymond
- “If you pick the right people and give them the opportunity to spread their wings and put compensation as a carrier behind it you almost don’t have to manage them.” ~ Jack Welch
- “Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.” ~ Peter Drucker
- “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” ~ Douglas MacArthur
- “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.” ~ Sam Walton
CEO, Motivational, and Leadership Blogs.
- First Follower: Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy.
- Hard Times. Don’t Give Up – Motivational Video
- Henry Ford, Model T, and the Assembly Line.
- High Achiever Mindset – Do what the 99% are not doing.
- Homeless Boy Steals The Talent Show. Don’t ever let others ruin your dreams.
- I am a champion – the greatest coach speech ever.
- IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING – Motivational Video.
- Indra Nooyi, Pepsi Co CEO and Doug McMillon, Walmart CEO.
- Inspiration: Look at yourself after watching this. No Arms, No Legs, No Problem.
- Inspirational Moments: Remember the Titans.
- Inspirational True Story. Don’t Give Up! Very popular video.
- Management vs Leadership.
- Navy SEALs on how leadership defines a team.
- Star Wars Leadership Lessons. Yoda teaching Skywalker.
- Unstoppable – Motivational Video.