Network Supply Planning and the 80/20 Rule
Supply Chain Planning Blogs
- Dell Push-Pull Supply Chain Strategy. Nine minute video.
- Developing Supply Chain Strategy. Five minute video.
- IKEA – Logistics Design. Does their design just magically happen?
- Integrated Planning – Optimization for the entire internal supply chain.
- Porter’s Five Forces – Business Strategy and Execution.
- Production Planning Whiteboard Animation.
- Strategic Supply Planning. Nine minute video.
- Supply Chain Network Optimization.
Supply Chain Quotes
- “If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you’re doing.” ~ W. Edwards Deming
- “Focus on the lowest total cost of ownership not the lowest price.” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com
- “If you think of standardization as the best that you know today, but which is to be improved tomorrow; you get somewhere.” ~ Henry Ford, founder Ford Motor Company
- “Eighty-five percent of the reasons for failure are deficiencies in the systems and process rather than the employee. The role of management is to change the process rather than badgering individuals to do better.” ~ W. Edwards Deming
- “Leadership is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas that work.” ~ Seth Godin
- “When you are out observing on the gemba, do something to help them. If you do, people will come to expect that you can help them and will look forward to seeing you again on the gemba.” ~ Taiichi Ohno
- “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers who can cut through the argument debate and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand.” ~ Colin Powell
- “If you can me time to fix problems you can make time to plan so problems don’t occur.” ~ Dave Waters
- “A relentless barrage of “why’s” is the best way to prepare your mind to pierce the clouded veil of thinking caused by the status quo. Use it often.” ~ Shigeo Shingo
- “You must never try to make all the money that’s in a deal. Let the other fellow make some money too, because if you have a reputation for always making all the money, you won’t have many deals.” ~ J. Paul Getty
- “Many of our best opportunities were created out of necessity. “ ~ Sam Waton, founder of Walmart