What is Logistics?
Warehouse systems from design to service. 11 min video.
What would the world be without logistics? Without storage systems, shelves would be empty in stores throughout the world! From design, including mechanical development, electronics, and IT, through to start-up, service, and system operation, people of varied backgrounds with different areas of specialization are involved in creating a logistics center that will operate around the clock. WITRON explains their tasks.
- 3PL Warehouse Facility Tour – The Apparel Logistics Group.
- Amazon Testing Drone Delivery System. Will it happen?
- Amazon Warehouse – behind the scenes.
- ASRS – Automated storage and retrieval system.
- Converse Automated Distribution Center.
- Distribution Centers & Supply Chain Management Explained.
- FedEx and UPS Documentary.
- Toyota Production System – 5S, Just in Time, Kaizen.
- Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience Concept Truck.
- Walmart uses hydrogen powered fork lifts in giant energy efficient warehouse.
- “I say an hour lost at a bottleneck is an hour out of the entire system. I say an hour saved at a non-bottleneck is worthless. Bottlenecks govern both throughput and inventory.” ~ Eliyahu M. Goldratt, The Goal.
- “Quality is free. It’s not a gift, but it’s free. The ‘unquality’ things are what cost money.” ~ Phil Crosby.
- “All we are doing is looking at the time line, from the moment the customer gives us an order to the point when we collect the cash. And we are reducing the time line by reducing the non-value adding wastes.” ~ Taiichi Ohno.
- “You will not find it difficult to prove that battles, campaigns, and even wars have been won or lost primarily because of logistics.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- “Every breakthrough business idea begins with solving a common problem. The bigger the problem, the bigger the opportunity. I discovered a big one when I took apart an IBM PC. I made two interesting discoveries: The components were all manufactured by other companies, and the system that retailed for $3,000 cost about $600 in parts.” ~ Michael Dell.
- “Two basic rules of life are: 1) Change is inevitable. 2) Everybody resists change.” ~ W. Edwards Deming.
- “Imagine where your company would be if it didn’t adapt and leverage the Internet. That will be the same way if your company doesn’t get involved with the Internet of Things (IoT).” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com.