Sam Walton was an amazing entrepreneur and an amazing CEO. So much to learn from him. Walmart has one of the best supply chains out there. The person who is speaking is Don Soderquist. If I remember correctly he was the COO when Sam Walton and David Glass were the CEOs. I got to hear Don Soderquist speak when I worked for Walmart Logistics. Very motivational.
Here is an assortment of retail blogs regarding Walmart, Amazon, Alibaba.
- 25 Facts About Walmart That Show How Big It Really Is.
- Alibaba Supply Chain Warehouse.
- Amazon Prime Air. Using drones for delivery.
- Amazon Warehouse – behind the scenes.
- Exclusive Interview with Jeff Bezos – Founder & CEO of Amazon.com.
- Indra Nooyi, Pepsi Co CEO and Doug McMillon, Walmart CEO.
- Inside Amazon: Secrets of an Online Mega-Giant.
- Inside How Walmart Uses Big Data.
- Interview: Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
- IS in Action – WalMart Supply Chain. 7 minute video.
- Leading the World’s Largeset Company. Two top Walmart Leaders. VIDEO.
- Meet Amazon’s New Robot Army Shipping Out Your Products.
- Meet the Amazon robots making things more efficient.
- Navigating an Amazon fulfillment center’s 14 miles of conveyor belts.
- Robot army helps run warehouses.
- Sam & Bud Walton: Reflections. WALMART.
- Sam Walton quotes and sayings.
- Two of the Keys to Walmart’s Success.
- Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience Concept Truck.
- Walmart CEO Doug McMillon.
- Walmart History. Sam Walton and the growth of Walmart.
“I don’t know what would have happened to WalMart if we had laid low and never stirred up the competition. My guess is that we would have remained a strictly regional operator.” ~ Sam Walton, created the Walmart Supply Chain
“At Wal-Mart, it goes back to Sam Walton and the foundation and business model that we simply operate for less, or everyday low cost. We’re known for operating in a very efficient way and then giving those savings to customers.” ~ Mike Duke, former CEO of Walmart