The Toyota Way
The Toyota Way is how Toyota works. This is the keynote talk given by Jeffrey Liker at the Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Lean conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Toyota is a great company to benchmark because there is so much information on them. Toyota has a world class supply chain and definitely worth researching. If you aren’t well versed with Toyota then do research on the Toyota Production System or TPS. A great deal of information will come up that will greatly help with supply chain optimization. Also do research on Taiichi Ohno who is the father of the Toyota Production System. You will start to uncover a great deal of information with these simple searches. Have a great day.
Quotes form Taiichi Ohno, father of the Toyota Production System (TPS)
“Data is of course important in manufacturing, but I place the greatest emphasis on facts.” ~ Taiichi Ohno, father of the Toyota Production System
“Standards should not be forced down from above but rather set by the production workers themselves.” ~ Taiichi Ohno, father of the Toyota Production System.
“Having no problems is the biggest problem of all.” ~ Taiichi Ohno
“If you are going to do TPS you must do it all the way. You also need to change the way you think. You need to change how you look at things.” ~ Taiichi Ohno
Here are some other great business videos.
- Check out some of these Motivation Videos.
- You will find top CEOs in the Leadership Video section.
- Over 200 Supply Chain Videos.
- If you are involved in supply chain then check out these Innovation Videos.
- Nearly 100 Manufacturing Videos.
- If you like The Toyota way then check out these Lean videos.
- You will find a great deal of value in thise Procurement Videos.