The Bullwhip Effect
Professor Hau Lee (Stanford University) talks about his research in supply chain management and how the Bullwhip Effect influences distribution chains. Lee describes industry trends and emerging markets.
The bullwhip effect can cause major disruptions in the supply chain. The bullwhip effect is a very simple concept that can cause major issues throughout the supply chain. Below you will find videos on the Beer Game. Simple game that explains the bullwhip effect.
Supply Chain and Inventory Management Training.
- **Supply Chain Blogs.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Supply Chain guru
- Become a Supply Chain Rockstar and rock your career.
- MIT cheetah robot lands the running jump. Future supply chain delivery???
- Supply Chain Management: The Beer Game. 45 min video. 75K views
- The Beer Game – Supply Chain Management.
- The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt – A Book Review.
- The Bullwhip Effect 101
- Understanding and Optimizing Inventory in Supply Chains.
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI): Three Keys to Success.
- Why Lean Fails.
- Why UPS trucks never turn left.
“Bullwhip Effect: Shifts in customer demand are magnified the farther you move up the supply chain. This leads to large fluctuations in inventory.” ~EverythingSupplyChain.com.
“Make inventory a common enemy for your company.” ~Dave Waters