Seth Godin: How to get your ideas to spread.
In a world of too many options and too little time, our obvious choice is to just ignore the ordinary stuff. Marketing guru Seth Godin spells out why, when it comes to getting our attention, bad or bizarre ideas are more successful than boring ones.
- “You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.” ~ Lee Iacocca
- “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” ~ John Steinbeck
- “I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is an idea whose time has come.” ~ Victor Hugo
- “Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.” ~ Thomas Edison
- “All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.” ~ Charles Dickens
- “A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
- “You do things when the opportunities come along. I’ve had periods in my life when I’ve had a bundle of ideas come along, and I’ve had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I’ll do something. If not, I won’t do a damn thing.” ~ Warren Buffet
- “I was lucky enough to co-found a business in college that ended up with 400 employees, and I launched 20 different projects while I was there – a project a week.” ~ Seth Godin
- “The great accomplishments of man have resulted from the transmission of ideas of enthusiasm.” ~ Thomas Watson
- “I find that I have about six bloggable ideas a day. I also find that writing twice as long a post doesn’t increase communication, it usually decreases it. And finally, I found that people get antsy if there are unread posts in their queue.” ~ Seth Godin
Other videos you may find interesting.
- The Valedictorian Speech that will change your life. 2.3 million views
- Steve Jobs Changed the world – how to use this in supply chain
- Don’t let fear keep you from your dreams. Amazing story.
- John Wooden: The difference between winning and succeeding
- I am a champion – the greatest coach speech ever. 15 million views.
- Who moved my cheese? Full Movie. 140k views
- Rocky Speech: It is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. 1 min video, 93k views.
- Seth Godin: How to get your ideas to spread. Over 700k views
- ONE SHOT. Make your dreams come true. – Motivational Video
- FISH! Philosophy. Improve Employee Satisfaction, Retention, Morale and Relations with FISH!
- Do Something Different if you want to make a difference
- Zig Ziglar Setting Goals. Achieve your dreams. Over 1 million views
- Steve Jobs’s Career Lessons – Larry Ellison and Edwin Catmull
- 15-Yr-Old Kelvin Doe Wows M.I.T. Innovative minds are everywhere. 7.2 million views