Sam Walton Quotes
Here are some great quotes and sayings from Sam Walton, the founder of Walmart. Sam Walton did some amazing things in the supply chain out of necessity. Now Walmart has one of the best supply chains in the world.
- Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves it s amazing what they can accomplish.
- I have always been driven to buck the system, to innovate, to take things beyond where they’ve been.
- If you want a successful business, your people must feel that you are working for them—not that they are working for you.
- There is only one boss – the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.
- We’re all working together; that’s the secret.
- Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Loosen up, and everybody around you will loosen up. Have fun. Show enthusiasm – always. When all else fails, put on a costume and sing a silly song. Then make everybody else sing with you. Don’t do a hula on Wall Street. It’s been done. Think up your own stunt. All of this is more important, and more fun, than you think, and it really fools the competition. “Why should we take those cornballs at Wal-Mart seriously?”
- I probably have traveled and walked into more variety stores than anybody in America. I am just trying to get ideas, any kind of ideas that will help our company.
- Information is power, and the gain you get from empowering your associates more than offsets the risk of informing your competitor.
- The goal of a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary.
- Each Wal-Mart store should reflect the values of its customers and support the vision they hold for their community.