Purchasing and Procurement Differences
Overview of purchasing and procurement. This doesn’t get into major details but is a good reference. Plenty of good information.
Purchasing and Procurement Training.
- ALL Procurement Blogs with details.
- B2B Purchasing Negotiation Five Strategies to Reduce Vendor Prices.
- Free Supply Chain Training.
- Meaningful Involvement in Services Purchasing with Lisa Ellram.
- Negotiation Skills: 3 Simple Tips.
- Procurement supplier selection process (10 minute video).
- Science Of Persuasion (11 minute video).
- Strategic Sourcing for Successful Supply Chain Management.
- Strategic Sourcing Plan (10 Minute video).
- Supplier Relationship Management Best Practices with David Wohler (6 minute video).
- Supplier Selection and Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Training Resources.
- Typical negotiation mistakes of Procurement people.
- What are common issues that arise in procurement? Facebook discussion.
- “You don’t want to negotiate the price of simple things you buy every day.” ~ Jeff Bezos – CEO Amazon.
- “Treating suppliers like partners is critical to a company’s start-up’s success. As much as possible, figure out how you can work with your suppliers to make their lives better, whether saving them money from their vendors or saving them time with your order. By understanding their business model, you can make orders in an efficient manner, which should lower costs for everyone.” ~ Aaron Schwartz
- “You have to persuade yourself that you absolutely don’t care what happens. If you don’t care, you’ve won. I absolutely promise you, in every serious negotiation, the man or woman who doesn’t care is going to win.” ~ Felix Dennis
- “If you are planning on doing business with someone again, don’t be too tough in the negotiations. If you’re going to skin a cat, don’t keep it as a house cat.” ~ Marvin Levin
- “I want women to get paid more. I want to teach them to negotiate so they get paid more.” ~ Sheryl Sandberg
- “Appraisals are where you get together with your team leader and agree what an outstanding member of the team you are, how much your contribution has been valued, what massive potential you have and, in recognition of all this, would you mind having your salary halved.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Negotiation is not a policy. It’s a technique. It’s something you use when it’s to your advantage, and something that you don’t use when it’s not to your advantage.” ~ John Bolton
- “Know what you want to achieve prior to starting to negotiate. It’s the golden rule but the one most people fail to heed. Without a plan, you allow the opposing party to define your goals instead of the other way around.” ~ Ivanka Trump