Mastering Indirect Spend: 5 Keys to Success
There are many ways to focus on indirect spend. Here are 5 key ways to be successful.
- ALL Procurement Blogs with details.
- B2B Purchasing Negotiation Five Strategies to Reduce Vendor Prices.
- Become a Supply Chain Rockstar and rock your career.
- Buy it: Managing Supply (4 minute video).
- Meaningful Involvement in Services Purchasing with Lisa Ellram.
- Negotiation Skills: 3 Simple Tips.
- Negotiation Skills Top 10 Tips. 11 minute video.
- Negotiating with Sole Suppliers.
- Procurement supplier selection process (10 minute video).
- Procurement Training, Purchasing Training, Supply Chain Management Training.
- Purchasing and Procurement Defined.
- Science Of Persuasion (11 minute video).
- What are common issues that arise in procurement? Facebook discussion.
- “Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.” ~John F. Kennedy
- “We tend to think that, in a traditional organisation, people are producing results because management wants results, but the essence of a high-quality organisation is people producing results because they want the results. It’s puzzling we find that hard to understand, that if people are really enjoying, they’ll innovate, they’ll take risks, they’ll have trust with one another because they are really committed to what they’re doing and it’s fun” ~ Peter Senge
- “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” ~ Douglas MacArthur
- “One cannot negotiate under fire.” ~ Ariel Sharon
- “One of the best ways to persuade others is by listening to them.” ~ Dean Rusk
- “I want women to get paid more. I want to teach them to negotiate so they get paid more.” ~ Sheryl Sandberg
- “Focus on the lowest total cost of ownership, not the lowest price.” ~EverythingSupplyChain.com
- “You must never try to make all the money that’s in a deal. Let the other fellow make some money too, because if you have a reputation for always making all the money, you won’t have many deals.” ~ J. Paul Getty
- “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” ~ Sun Tzu
- “If you are planning on doing business with someone again, don’t be too tough in the negotiations. If you’re going to skin a cat, don’t keep it as a house cat.” ~ Marvin Levin