Leading supply chain in the new digital age
What disruptions will happen because of the digital age? What are leading supply chain companies doing to leverage the new digital age? What does the future hold? There are two discussions on the topic of the Digital Supply Chain in our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
Digital Supply Chain Blogs.
- Big Ideas: How Big is Big Data?
- Ford Smart Mobility Experiment: Big Data Analytics.
- Future of the Digital Supply Chain
- IS in Action – WalMart Supply Chain. 7 minute video.
- Logistics IoT (Internet of Things).
- Supply Chain IoT – Internet of Things
- The Internet of Everything: Relevant and Valuable Connections Will Change the World
- The Next Internet: the Cloud, Big Data, and the Internet of Things.
- Winning supply-chain technologies: The impact of technology.
Change and Innovation Quotes.
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ~ Socrates.
- “Going from PayPal, I thought, well, ‘What are some of the other problems that are likely to most affect the future of humanity?’ Not from the perspective, ‘What’s the best way to make money?’ which is okay, but, it was really, ‘What do I think is going to most affect the future of humanity.’” ~ Elon Musk.
- “I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing.” ~ Thomas Edison.
- “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” ~ Jonh Steinbeck.
- “Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable.” ~ William Pollard.
- “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it. Seek negative feedback, particularly from friends.” ~ Elon Musk.
- “You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.” ~ Lee Iacocca.
- “Unfortunately, there seems to be far more opportunity out there than ability…. We should remember that good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation.” ~ Thomas Edison.