IKEA’s Supply Chain
- “To design a desk which may cost $1,000 is easy for a furniture designer, but to design a functional and good desk which shall cost $50 can only be done by the very best.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad, IKEA founder.
- “I could regularly travel first class, but having money in abundance doesn’t seem like a good reason to waste it. Why should I choose first class? To be offered a glass of champagne from the air hostess? If it helped me arrive at my destination more quickly, then maybe.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad, Supply Chain Guru
- “Making mistakes is the privilege of the active. It is always the mediocre people who are negative, who spend their time proving that they were not wrong.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad
- “Waste of resources is a mortal sin at IKEA.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad
- “I’m a bit tight with money, but so what? I look at the money I’m about to spend on myself and ask myself if IKEA’s customers can afford it… I could regularly travel first class, but having money in abundance doesn’t seem like a good reason to waste it.. If there is such a thing as good leadership, it is to give a good example. I have to do so for all the IKEA employees.” ~ Ingvar Kamprad
Other videos you may find interesting:
- Motoman robots packing IKEA book cases.
- ASRS – Automated storage and retrieval system.
- IKEA Distribution Center in Savannah, GA. What do people think?
- IKEA – Logistics Design. Does their design just magically happen?
- IKEA’s Supply Chain. 3 min video.
- Toyota Production System – 5S, Just in Time, Kaizen.
- Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience Concept Truck.
- Walmart uses hydrogen powered fork lifts in giant energy efficient warehouse