An interview with Scott Anthony, President, Innosight. Disruptive innovation occurs when an innovator brings something to market that is simple, convenient, accessible, and affordable. Here are some tips to help you pinpoint disruptive opportunities within your organization.
Supply Chain Innovation Quotes
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ~ Socrates.
- “Lets go invent tomorrow instead of worrying about what happened yesterday.” ~ Steve Jobs.
- “Going from PayPal, I thought, well, ‘What are some of the other problems that are likely to most affect the future of humanity?’ Not from the perspective, ‘What’s the best way to make money?’ which is okay, but, it was really, ‘What do I think is going to most affect the future of humanity.’” ~ Elon Musk.
- “I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing.” ~ Thomas Edison.
- “Listen to anyone with an original idea, no matter how absurd it may sound at first. If you put fences around people, you get sheep. Give people the room they need.” ~ William McKnight, 3M President.
- “Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence and honest purpose, as well as perspiration.” ~ Thomas Edison.
- “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” – Buckminster Fuller.
- “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” ~ Albert Einstein.
- “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” ~ Jonh Steinbeck.
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ~ Maya Angelou.
Other videos you may find interesting
- 50 Great Entrepreneurs share priceless advice. Jeff Bezos, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell, Mark Zuckerberg…
- Elon Musk: The mind behind Tesla, SpaceX, SolarCity.
- How to Spot Disruptive Innovation Opportunities.
- MIT cheetah robot lands the running jump. Future supply chain delivery? Supply Chain Innovation.
- Navigating an Amazon fulfillment center’s 14 miles of conveyor belts.
- Seth Godin: How to get your ideas to spread.
- Tesla Motors Megafactories – The Future of Electric Cars. Elon Musk and the electric revolution.
- What They Don’t Teach in Business School about Entrepreneurship.
- WHERE GOOD IDEAS COME FROM. Be innovative.
- Zig Ziglar Setting Goals. Achieve your dreams.