Entrepreneur Elon Musk is a man with many plans. The founder of PayPal, Tesla Motors and SpaceX sits down with TED curator Chris Anderson to share details about his visionary projects, which include a mass-marketed electric car, a solar energy leasing company and a fully reusable rocket.
Elon Musk Quotes
- “It is a mistake to hire huge numbers of people to get a complicated job done. Numbers will never compensate for talent in getting the right answer (two people who don’t know something are no better than one), will tend to slow down progress, and will make the task incredibly expensive.” ~ Elon Musk
- “If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic – being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago.” ~ Elon Musk
- “If you’re co-founder or CEO, you have to do all kinds of tasks you might not want to do… If you don’t do your chores, the company won’t succeed… No task is too menial.” ~ Elon Musk
- “I do think there is a lot of potential if you have a compelling product and people are willing to pay a premium for that. I think that is what Apple has shown. You can buy a much cheaper cell phone or laptop, but Apple’s product is so much better than the alternative, and people are willing to pay that premium.” ~ Elon Musk
- “I always invest my own money in the companies that I create. I don’t believe in the whole thing of just using other people’s money. I don’t think that’s right. I’m not going to ask other people to invest in something if I’m not prepared to do so myself.”
Other videos you may find interesting.
- 13 Amazing Things You Can Make With a 3-D Printer. Supply Chain Game Changer.
- Amazon Prime Air. Using drones for delivery.
- Digital Supply Networks: The digital transformation
- Domino’s First Company To Deliver Pizza By Drone
- Elon Musk: How I Became The Real ‘Iron Man’.
- Elon Musk: The mind behind Tesla, SpaceX, SolarCity.
- Future of the Digital Supply Chain
- Motoman robots packing IKEA book cases.
- Navigating an Amazon fulfillment center’s 14 miles of conveyor belts.
- Tesla Motors Megafactories – The Future of Electric Cars. Elon Musk and the electric revolution.