Converse Automated Distribution Center
This video examines the people, processes. systems, and products responsible for the distribution of the Converse and Hurley brands to their wholesale, retail, and eCommerce distribution channels.
Supply Chain Training Resources.
- A Behind the Scenes Look at Starbucks Global Supply Chain. 2 min VIDEO.
- Alibaba Supply Chain Warehouse.
- Amazon Warehouse – behind the scenes.
- Amazon Whole Foods deal: Robots to reduce costs.
- Best Logistics Blogs and stories.
- Elon Musk: How I Became The Real ‘Iron Man’.
- The Robots Making Your Online Orders Faster.
- Future of the Digital Supply Chain.
- How A Fast Drone Delivery From Whole Foods Could Save The Day.
- How Big Is Alibaba | Jack Ma | Amazon vs Alibaba vs eBay
- How Plastic Injection Molding is done. 5 min video, 600k views.
- Inside Amazon: Secrets of an Online Mega-Giant.
- Meaningful Involvement in Services Purchasing with Lisa Ellram.
- Meet Amazon’s New Robot Army Shipping Out Your Products.
- MIT cheetah robot lands the running jump. Future supply chain delivery?
- Motoman robots packing IKEA book cases.
- Navigating an Amazon fulfillment center’s 14 miles of conveyor belts.
- Retail Blogs – Walmart, Amazon, Alibaba.
- Strategic Sourcing for Successful Supply Chain Management.
- Strategic Sourcing Plan (10 Minute video).
- “Why not make the work easier and more interesting so that people do not have to sweat? The Toyota style is not to create results by working hard. It is a system that says there is no limit to people’s creativity. People don’t go to Toyota to ‘work’ they go there to ‘think’” ~ Taiichi Ohno
- “If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you’re doing.” ~ W. Edwards Deming
- “Focus on the lowest total cost of ownership not the lowest price.” ~ EverythingSupplyChain.com
- “Every breakthrough business idea begins with solving a common problem. The bigger the problem, the bigger the opportunity. I discovered a big one when I took apart an IBM PC. I made two interesting discoveries: The components were all manufactured by other companies, and the system that retailed for $3,000 cost about $600 in parts.” ~ Michael Dell
- “If you think of standardization as the best that you know today, but which is to be improved tomorrow; you get somewhere.” ~ Henry Ford, founder Ford Motor Company
- “Eighty-five percent of the reasons for failure are deficiencies in the systems and process rather than the employee. The role of management is to change the process rather than badgering individuals to do better.” ~ W. Edwards Deming
- “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers who can cut through the argument debate and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand.” ~ Colin Powell
“Leaders win through logistics. Vision, sure. Strategy, yes. But when you go to war, you need to have both toilet paper and bullets at the right place at the right time. In other words, you must win through superior logistics.” ~ Tom Peters