These are huge pieces of equipment. Amazing engineering. Also some logistic challenges getting the equipment where it needs to go.
Supply Chain MBA Videos and Information:
- ASRS system installed at Pepsi Bottling Company – Before going back to get my MBA I worked for Revlen as an ASRS Manager. ASRS systems never came up at my MBA Program but just a good thing to know.
- Become a Supply Chain Rockstar
- Bullwhip Effect 101 – Definitely a supply chain concept people should know.
- CEO Videos – Here is something that is priceless. Videos from great CEO minds such as Sam Walton, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Ma, Jeff Bezos…
- Introduction to Strategic Management – Understand Strategic Management, also research Business Strategy which will provide the same information. This is a very important topic in MBA Programs.
- Negotiation Skills Top 10 Tips – Improve your negotiation skills. A great deal of Supply Chain is procurement. To be a procurement professional you need negotiation skills.
- Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
- Supply Chain Management: The Beer Game – The Beer Game is what we played during orientation when I went back and got my MBA. Everyone in the MBA program played the Beer Game, not just the Supply Chain MBAs. Also see the Bullwhip Effect.
- SWOT Analysis: How to perform one for your organization. – SWOT is something all MBAers will most likely do in one way or another.
- Understanding THE GOAL: The best-seller by Eli Goldratt and Jeff Cox – Read this book in my MBA program. It is a very easy read The Goal is usually high on any list for Supply Chain Books.
- Videos about Toyota – Toyota has a great supply chain and there is a great deal of information that can be found on it.
- Videos about Walmart – Walmart constantly came up at my Supply Chain MBA program. Walmart has done great things in the past with their supply chain and doing great things in the future.